* aka S.A.S.S, aka home of the tagline "All the history you knew but forgot, and all the booze you need to forget it again."
Not to get all press releasy on you, but we're super excited to announce an awesome new thing that we are helping to release into the world: The Society for the Advancement of Social Studies.
What is S.A.S.S.?
S.A.S.S. is a new monthly lecture series at Pete's Candy Store in Williamsburg. Every third Monday of the month at 7pm (starting September 26!), come on over to be entertained and amused by short lectures on various historical topics.
Each month you'll get an overview on the topic, then two specific lectures. Awesome? There will be themed cocktails, along with games and trivia to keep you on your toes. What's up first? The Crusades.
How do I join S.A.S.S?
It's a society after all!
Got ideas or questions? Shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why are we so excited about this?
1) We like learning things, duh. And all too often, our classes veer to the Pop-Sci side of things, when of course Social Studies deserves equal attention. It's only fair.
2) We don't spend enough time in North Brooklyn.
3) One time we all totally knew what the Whiskey Rebellion but now maybe it just seems like a brand of bourbon.
4) S.A.S.S. is organized and run by Anna and Larissa, who are both wicked cool individually, giving us lots of faith that this will rule.
Come to Pete's on September 26 at 7pm to learn things, meet some cool people, and drink something called a Holy Grail.