Bookbinding from Home Materials List
Posted by Jen Messier on dec 31, 2020 under Blog Post
Week 1 Pamphlet
- Paper (thinner papers like copy paper or lined paper work well)
- Cardstock (or old folders, construction paper, cereal boxes )
- A needle
- Thread (bookbinding thread or embroidery floss or dental floss)
- Something to poke holes (an awl, a nail, a safety pin, a pen or pencil)
- Collage materials (magazines, paper, paint)
- Bone folder (or a butter knife)
- Exacto Knife
- Binder clips or paper clips
Week 2 French Link Stitch materials:
- 40 pages of 8.5 x 11" paper OR anything that you have lying around. It'll need to be all the same size. If you'd like to infuse some color into your book design by way of adding in some colorful papers, you're welcome to do so! Just make sure all your paper is the same size.
- An awl, a safety pin or a nail
- Waxed linen thread, embroidery floss with wax, or dental floss.
- Scrap paper
Week 3: One Page Zines.
- At least two pieces of copy paper, cardstock, or other papers (stick with lighter weight paper; watercolor paper doesn't work super well for this)
- Decorative paper for the covers (optional) OR magazine clippings OR collage materials
- Small pieces of cardboard, cardstock, or heavier weight paper for the covers
- Glue: PVA glue, elmer's glue, double stick tape, or a glue stick
- Things to write/draw/explore/reflect with: markers, stamps, collage materials, colored paper
- Scrap paper