Paint & Sip: Orange Moon (ONLINE)
Taught by Megan Watters
Megan Watters works as a scenic artist on window displays, theatrical sets, fashion shows and more. Her jobs vary from painting faux marble to creating seaweed and barnacles for a makeshift pirate ship to covering full sets in rust using various faux-finishing techniques. Follow Megan on instagram at @meganewatters
*This is an online event via Zoom!*
Join us for a relaxing evening of painting along with artist Megan Watters. We'll be painting the sunset image posted here together, and the materials you'll need are pictured and noted below!
- Canvas, Posterboard, or Paper - Canvas is definitely easiest and sturdiest, but I get that we are doing this from home! Feel free to use paper, but note the heavier the better. If you use paper, tape it down to a piece of cardboard or foam board so that it does not warp too much or move around.
- Brushes - I will be using a bigger brush (about 1") and a smaller brush (about 1/8"). See the photo below. We will make due with what we have, of course!
- Water: in a jar or cup. You can always wash it.
- Paint: I will be using acrylic paint in Black, White, Blue, Yellow, Red. If you don't have those colors, you can use others! If you are struggling with color choices, let me know!
- Plate or Take-out Container: for your palette!
- Paper towels
- Apron or old T-shirt - juuuuuust in case you get crazy
- A beverage of your choice :)