Overcoming Scarcity Mindset - ONLINE CLASS
Taught by Christine Garvey
Christine Garvey is an artist and coach based in Austin, Texas. Her creative work has been recognized with a Fulbright Research Grant, an Austin Community Initiatives Award, and a Fellowship from Concordia University Montreal. Since 2010 she’s been a teaching artist and faculty member at various institutions, including the University of Texas at Austin, Florence University of the Arts, and Pioneer Works Center for Art and Innovation. She writes and speaks about ideas that impact artists, including scarcity and financial stability, and helps artists set goals and gain momentum in their creative practices. To find out more about her work visit: christine-garvey.com.
Feeling like you'll never have enough time, money, recognition, access, (insert feeling here!) to sustain yourself as a creative person? Need to get out of the scarcity-mindset tunnel? This workshop will talk about how to create healthy habits for nurturing your creative practice and working from a place of 'abundance' vs. 'lack.'
In this workshop we will:
- Look at the research on how ‘scarcity thinking’ impacts the way we work
- Talk about why creatives are so vulnerable to ‘scarcity mindset’
- Identify methods for avoiding the ‘scarcity trap’
- Reflect on ways we feel scarce, and how to actualize abundance in our creative lives
- Talk about values and priorities as it relates to our work
Class will meet on Zoom. You'll be sent Zoom meeting info after enrollment and a PDF of the class presentation the day of.