Overcoming Scarcity Mindset
Taught by Christine Garvey
Christine is an artist and entrepreneur living in New York. She holds a BFA from Washington University in St Louis and MFA from Concordia University Montreal. Her work has been exhibited internationally, including solo exhibitions with Galerie Circulaire (Montreal), Sur La Montagne Galerie (Berlin), Phra Nakorn Gallery (Bangkok) and SACI Jules Maidoff Gallery (Italy). Garvey has won close to $50,000 for personal and small group projects, including most recently a 2015 Fulbright Research grant to Italy.
Feeling like you'll never have enough time, money, recognition, access, (insert feeling here!) to sustain yourself as a creative person? Need to get out of the scarcity-mindset tunnel? This workshop will talk about how to create healthy habits for nurturing your creative practice and working from a place of 'abundance' vs. 'lack.'
In this workshop we will:
- Look at the research on how ‘scarcity thinking’ impacts the way we work
- Talk about why creatives are so vulnerable to ‘scarcity mindset’
- Identify methods for avoiding the ‘scarcity trap’
- Reflect on ways we feel scarce, and how to actualize abundance in our creative lives
- Talk about values and priorities as it relates to our work
Class will run 1.5-2 hours.