Herbs for Clarity and Focus (Online)
Taught by Dawn Petter
With a passion and vast knowledge of herbs and a prolific career in design, Herbalist, Dawn Petter teaches classes about the art of plant based healing. Her classes are imaginative and accessible and are taught to encourage students to use herbal medicine in their daily lives. She incorporates her training from Arbor Vitae School of Traditional Herbalism with her natural creative flare. Dawn works as a Clinical Herbalist and Flower essence Practitioner in NYC and offers in depth consults by appointment. You can also find her, leading herb walks and teaching classes at The New York Botanic Gardens, The Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, The Horticultural Society of New York, The 92 Y, and the New York Open Center amongst other places.
Dawn is the creator of Petalune Herbals, a resource for hand crafted herbal skincare and luxury botanical products. To learn more visit www.petaluneherbals.com or contact, email@example.com
This thought provoking class will introduce you to the herbs and foods that stimulate circulation to the brain, helping to clear mental fog, improve cognitive function and cut down on inflammation.
Learn delicious ways to incorporate these healing herbs into your daily routine, as we discover the foods and medicine for support.
Class will be part lecture with slides, and part practical.
If you'd like to join in with making your own remedy, you will need
For the 1st remedy:
- a kitchen scale or measuring spoons
- a culinary jar of organic rosemary
- a 4 oz jar with lid or equivalent
- some parchment paper
- a bottle of high proof alcohol, like Everclear
- a measuring vessel with ml markings
- 1-2 ounces of filtered water or 2-3 ounces of raw apple cider vinegar if you are alcohol free
- sticky label/tape and pen
For the 2nd remedy, you will need:
- a bar of 85% chocolate
- about 1/2 ounce of turmeric
- ground black pepper
- raw honey or coconut sugar
- a small amount of coconut oil
- plus a pan of water and a heat resistant bowl to use as a double boiler on your stove