Beginner's Embroidery: Mini Floral Monogram - ONLINE CLASS
Taught by Rhiannon Platt
Rhiannon Platt is at least third generation fiber artist. Raised by seamstresses, crocheters, and fiber artists of all kinds, she picked up her first pair of needles over a decade ago. Since her first scarf, Rhiannon has gone on to fabricate for Lion Brand Yarn, Nathan Vincent, Olek, Jeila Gueramian, Londonkaye, and Levi’s. In between commissions, she finds time to write patterns and make endless sweaters.
The perfect class for a quick gift or a decoration for your own wall. Learn two basic embroidery stitches paired with two more advanced, decorative stitches. Students will leave with a finished 3" piece, ready to hang.
- cotton embroidery floss (like this)
- a needle (with a big enough eye for your embroidery floss)
- water soluble pen/pencil (like this) - these are great because you can wash the marks off your fabric, but don't panic if you don't have one
- a piece of felt big enough to fit in your hoop OR non-stretch fabric (like cotton or muslin)
- and a 3 or 4 inch embroidery hoop