Autumn Hand Lettering and Illustration (Online)
Taught by Danielle Rothman
Danielle Rothman is a Modern Calligraphy Artist who builds community through art and workshops. Danielle has a passion for teaching and has helped almost 2,000 students get started with calligraphy and watercolors at her workshops and private events in New York City. Her business Rothbyrns Creative specializes in personalization and thoughtful gifts, creating inspiring one-of-a-kind journals, prints, and calligraphy designs for any occasion. Recent collaborations include workshops at the Guggenheim and Cooper Hewitt Design Museums, SoFi, Etsy HQ, Foursquare, Health Magazine and Brooklyn Brainery, as well as pop up shops at Artists & Fleas Chelsea Market, One King's Lane, West Elm, and Pottery Barn. See all of her upcoming live online classes on her website at www.rothbyrnscreative.com and follow along with her on Instagram at www.instagram.com/rothbyrnscreative!
Join Teaching Artist Danielle Rothman for a Fall-themed dive into hand lettering and illustration techniques! Together we will explore different lettering styles, practice drawing autumnal favorites like leaves and wreaths, and create a final project that you can proudly display on your Thanksgiving table.
This class is perfect for beginners or students who have already taken one of Danielle's popular lettering and illustration classes. Everyone ages 10+ is welcome!
Note: Students will receive a recording of the class and downloadable worksheets after the session so that you can continue to develop your hand lettering and illustration skills.
In this class, you will:
- Learn about different styles of hand lettering
- Practice basic techniques like writing block letters and adding flourishes and embellishments to your work
- Draw Autumn favorites like leaves, pumpkins, and wreaths
- Learn all about different art supplies and how to blend markers and colored pencils to add depth and dimension
- Create your own Fall-themed quote!
- Pencil and eraser
- Practice paper + cardstock for your final quote (if desired)
- A ruler
- A black pen or marker for outlines
- The coloring supplies of your choice - colored pencils, markers, and gel pens all work well!
You can see all of Danielle's favorites on her Amazon wish list at www.amazon.com/shop/rothbyrnscreative
We look forward to creating something beautiful together!