Printmaking Workshop: Valentine's Day Cards (Windsor Terrace)
Taught by Malou Zuidema
Malou Zuidema is an illustrator and teaching artist from the Netherlands. She graduated with a four year Bachelor in Fine Arts in Education from the Amsterdam School of Art in the Netherlands in 2010,and since than has run workshops as part of festivals, community art projects and in art studios in both Amsterdam and Hobart (Australia). Her work is characterized as hand-made, quirky and colorful. Her images are often the results of scribble drawings and playful collages.
She believes that playfulness is what creating art is all about; having a great time and going home with something new, something that you didn’t know you could create before.
February 14, a beautiful opportunity to cherish all your loved ones; whether it is your (secret?) lover, your mum, dad, your best friend or someone who means a lot to you? This is the day to make them feel special!
Express you care about your loved ones by sending them a beautiful hand-made card, and spread your love for them with hand-printed love hearts, cupid arrows or beautiful phrases.
We’ll be printing our Valentine’s cards using the lino-cut technique. A great and simple technique, that allows you to easily mass-produce your beautiful, hand-made cards.
In this 2-hour workshop you will:
- Learn the fundamentals of lino-printing; from drawing and carving your image, to inking and printing.
- Create: you can choose to do a larger lino-cut or a few smaller ones that you can use as stamps. The smaller ones will be great to use for the inside of your card
- Can bring your own images for inspiration, but don’t worry if you don’t have any, plenty of inspiring images and ideas will be provided.
- Will have a great time! Lino-cutting is a very forgiving medium, so whatever you make will look great!
- Take it one step further: To make your message beautiful both in words and visually, we will talk about some simple tips & tricks to make your card an overall artwork.